Friday, December 04, 2009

The story of One Sock



Just read a very interesting story from Weng Haan's blog and would like to share with the readers.






It took us several months to build the bakery. We made the bricks from crushed anthills. Every day the village children came to help.None of the kids had shoes but one happy little guy always wore one sock - no shoes, just a sock. He was about 10 years old. I called him One Sock.Eventually my curiosity got the better of me. I said, "One Sock, tell me about this sock you always wear."He said proudly, "My Mum washes it every night. I wear it every day."I said, "Yes, but why do you wear one?"He seemed surprised by my silly question, and then he smiled broadly and said, "Because I only have one!"

1 comment:

Jean said...

interesting

A smile from SJ =)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...