Sunday, July 06, 2008

Cuti-Cuti M'sia - Makan-Makan in Penang

Went to Penang with my family to have a look on my brother-in-law's apartment located at Bukit Jambul. It has been 8 years since my last visit to Penang with my buddies in college. When we passed by the penang bridge and enjoyed the beautiful scenary I realized Penang has changed a lot.

There were many beautiful buildings and newly builded shop houses everywhere and it gave me a feeling that Penang has become tidier (I used to think that Penang has very narrow street and messy environment).

I believe that the first impression that comes into peoples mind about Penang is their mouth watering hawker foods (i know, i know Penang is now DAP's territory, no offence ya), for instance Char Kuey Teoh, Hokkien Mee (AKA Har-Mee) and not forgetting the all-time favourite Asam Laksa.
Here are some photos taken during our lunch at one of the hawker centre.



Yummy Yummy!!

However, we didn't manage to visit Gurney Drive to have a food hunt due to limited time but don't worry, my baby and I are planning to visit Penang again and we shall be there again somewhere in August or September.


2 comments:

haan said...

if u r local, gurney is surely not the best place to makan-makan. the food there is expensive and not particularly delicious. get some penang friends to show u the way!

Ysmm said...

Hi Haan:

Thanks for your comment.I heard the same from my Penang friends too.But the chaw kuay teah and Hookien mee that i had was awesome!!I'm still missing it..

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...